|Name:||Dalmeny Oil Depot|
|Height:||88.1m / 289ft|
|Parent (Ma):||1827 Cairnpapple Hill|
|RHB Section:||28A: Firth of Forth to the River Tweed|
|Grid ref:||NT 14696 77049|
|Summit feature:||no feature: ground on vegetated embankment|
|Col:||57.7m NT 1498 7648|
|OS map sheet(s):||(1:50k) 65|
|Change log:||show changes for this hill entry|
|GPS data:||show GPS entries for this hill|
N.B. Some hill summits are on private property or on land where there is no public right of way. Permission should be sought from the landowner where access to a hill summit is through private land(*).
*For information about access rights in Scotland see the ScotWays website.
Please report via the contact page any logs you see below which describe or encourage acts of trespass, and mention the hill number and hill name.
|Logged Descriptions (logged by 4 users)||By||Date of Ascent|
|Made it to Play2End's bus stop, but no further. An impenetrabley high security fence surrounds the compound. Not sure how RHW managed it, unless he got special permission to enter via the security gate.||summitter||03/01/2020|
|HP a short level ridge just outside tree belt, deep grass, some light thorn encroaching, Lidar GR10 about right. Edinburgh recompleted||RHW||24/12/2019|
|Until informed otherwise the highest accessible point I could get to was the bus shelter on the south side of the A90, just off Standingstane Road. Not as high as the visible top but higher than all adjacent ground. Tick.||Play2End||04/12/2019|
|walked around rim of highpoint many times,worked on these steep grass areas when they were being grass seeded approx 20 years ago.||robertphillips||blank|
|Info only - from Wiki:
To the south of the A90 is the Dalmeny Tank Farm, a large oil-storage facility operated by BP. The facility was constructed in the 1970s on a former oil shale mine, and is screened by a mound of the waste material from the mine. Oil is transferred from the site to tankers moored at the Hound Point Terminal in the Firth of Forth. Google Street View appears to show @ 8ft fence set back a bit from Standingstane Road to the West with an equally substantial high gate to access the sheep field at the NW foot of the hill.||Chris Pearson||blank|